April 20, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday


FF 2012 Feature & Follow #92

Hello and a happy Feature&Follow Friday everyone!
Today's question is:

Fight! Fight! If you could have two fictional characters battle it out (preferably from books), who would they be and who do you think would win?

Hate me, despise me, lecture me - I'm going to say the following anyway: I don't like Bella Swan (Twilight - Series). I've read the first three books of the series and it did not get any better. I just can't stand her whiny, helpless behaviour. Or maybe it's just that it seems to me like she always needs to be rescued. Or protected. And like in this whole world of vampires and werewolves around her she's the only one who can never do anything on her own. What this has to do with the topic of this FF? Wait and see. I'd like Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) to make a short and sweet appearance anywhere in the Twilight series. She does not necessarily have to fight Bella or knock her out or something. However, she (Katniss) might bring Bella to think for herself. And to fight/protect/rescue herself for a change. I mean, this is the 21st century, right? No woman should think she has to hide behind her kick-ass vampire boyfriend/werewolf best friend. At least that's what I think. Go feminism! :)

PS: Don't get me wrong. I liked the first three Twilight books quite a bit. Like...the overall atmosphere. I'm just not that crazy about it.

8 comments:

  1. Haha, great answer! That'd be awesome if Katniss were to show up and teach Bella to defend herself for once.

    My TGIF/Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer. I haven't read the Hunger Games,yet. But from what I heard Katniss is just what Bella needs.

    My FF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitly! Katniss certainly knows how to survive without fang-teeth vampire boy on her side!

      Delete
  3. Awesome answer! I cannot stand Bella Swan and Katniss is just the awesome person to teach her some lessons on how to be a strong girl.


    Thanks for stopping by and following! I followed back!
    :) Aeicha Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone's picking Bella, haha. ^.^
    New follower;
    My FF;
    http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-friday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. new follower. hopping through. my ff http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-friday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA I have the same match up for the SAME reason! Great minds think alike ;) I really like the twilight series but I just wish Bella would stick up for herself sometimes and not be so helpless.

    Here is my FF Post

    Happy Reading!
    Megan (new follower!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! Love this. I have Bella on my FF this week too!

    New Follower BTW!

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...