May 21, 2012

Bout Of Books 4.0 Wrap Up

Woah. It's done. What a week! I'm actually still recovering even though I didn't even reach all the goals I set for myself. But let's do this one step at a time.
Considering the amount of books - 4 and a bit of number 5 - I didn't even do that bad. My goal was to read more than I'd usually read in a week which is 2 to 3 books. This was my first Readathon and I had no idea what to expect so I wanted to keep things settled.
Books I finished:
Social Suicide (Deadly Cool, #2)Delirium (Delirium, #1)BloomEvermore (The Immortals, #1)

I started City Of Lost Souls but right now it's Monday night where I live and I'm only almost halfway through so that doesn't count :)
Anyway, I learned during that past week that I do read a lot faster when I'm in school than when I'm home all day which is really surprising (and has a lot to do with the fact that I don't have internet access at school...)
As for my other goals I did spend more time reading than sitting around doing nothing (important). I think during a Readathon you just learn to take every chance you get to open a book. The one thing I'm really proud of was my interaction with other bloggers this week. I mean, there's probably a million bloggers out there who are still better at socializing than I am but I put a lot of time into commenting and Twitter and all that and I had so much fun exchanging thoughts and opinions with others! Really, I think that is the main reason I'm doing all this!
My last goal was to bring more variety into my reading which I did, too, by choosing to read from four different genres (Mystery, Dystopian, Contemporary, Paranormal) and four different authors.
All in all I had an AMAZING time during my first Readathon. Not only reading but especially tweeting and commenting and reading all the great comments on my own posts. It is definitely something I think everyone should've done at some point in their (blogging) life and I will do it again, too!
A great experience!

4 comments:

  1. Another Bout-of-Books success story! Yay! Hope you join us in August ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitly planning to participate in August again - the last week was so cool!

      Delete
  2. Hooray! I also had loads of fun and it was my first read-a-thon too. Twitter was great for it wasn't it.

    Here is my progress post.
    Lauren at Northern Plundder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Although i never expected before how great it could turn out to be...

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...