September 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Books That Make You Think

1) Wintergirls by Lauria Halse Anderson
Obviously - it tackles an issue that is getting more and more common among teens - which is frightening enough to make me think!

2)Impulse by Ellen Hopkins and
3) Perfect by Ellen Hopkins
...same thing, actually. And also, it makes it clear to me that most of us worry way too much about beauty or how others see us.

4) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
5) Partials
Because sometimes I wonder if our world is that much better for some people than the world Katniss has to live in.

6) If I Stay by Gayle Forman
It always makes me think of how I need to appreciate my family more and spend more time with them.

I can't think of any more books that seriously make me think...but to make up for it, these six really do :)

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read Wintergirls yet, but I do have it! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mhm..I actually didn't like it as much as I thought I would. But it was okay and you should definitely give it a try sometime :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Wintergirls or Partials. But The Hunger Games is also on my list! :)

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, you have to read Partials - such an amazing book! I devoured it!

      Delete
  3. Definitely agree on Wintergirls!!! The majority of Anderson's books make me think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wintergirls is the only book of Anderson's that I've read and although it did make me think I didn't really like it all that much...but I guess I'm going to read Speak one day...

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...