December 17, 2012

Review: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)
Goodreads Summary:


Embrace the Forbidden
What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She's aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn't until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He's the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna. Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?



LONG STORY SHORT:
This is going to be a pretty short review. I just wanted to inform you. I did not like this book a lot. A bit, maybe. But I did not find many things I didn't think were either cliche, ridiculous, far - fetched or predictable. Not my cup of tea. Not what I expected after all the hype for this book. I am disappointed. Very.

Release Date: May 1, 2012
Pages? 453
Series? #1
Publisher: HarperTeen

REVIEW:

Another paranormal Romance novel that almost everyone praised and that I didn't like. Surprise, surprise! But actually, I was surprised. I expected this story to be epic. Epic, funny, witty. Everything a good book needs to be. Instead I got...

Lame characters - and ALL of them. There wasn't one person I liked! Whiny and overprotective Patty??? She got on my NERVES! Are their actually people who behave like that? Anna - the personification of good? Oh my...If I could have, I would have slapped her in the face. One more word about feeling your "inner sense of moral forbidding you those thoughts" and I won't be able to hold back!!! Jay and every other guy in this book? STOP BEING SO CLICHE! What is it with you? Were you cut out of the "This is how no guy would ever behave, but we fit into that novel" catalog? Stop being Ken and start being a man, you *...*

Ridiculous premise - um...hello? Let's just assume there were dukes on this planet whose only business is to bring evil into the world and people's minds...they would never, ever, ever force their nephilim children to try to make girls lose their virginity, take drugs, drink alcohol or party too much...Come on guys, are you serious? I do have one whole bag full of fantasy but I can't imagine for one second this could be true! Un-be-lie-vable! That's what it is!

In addition to that the writing style was super simple and not very extraordinary and I didn't care for the story at all.
So, no thank you very much. Sweet Peril does not interest me at all.
Then again, I know this review is probably too mean and maybe even disrespectful, but I don't want to offend anyone. I just really had to let go of my frustration some how. And a little reminder to everyone who feels turned off of the book: Many people really liked it so if it sounds like a book you would usually adore , then go for it. Just...maybe...borrow it from the library first? Please?

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad. I didn't like it either. I still plan to read the second one, simply because I apparently love train wrecks, but I can't see the appeal of this story at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I can't see it, either...I was so conused because everyone (it seemed) loved it so much. But no, won't read the sequel - but I'd like to know if it's any better once you've read it!

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...