April 08, 2013

MINI Review: Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)
 
It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.
As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line - and choose between the two people she loves most.
   
 
Paperback, 443 pages
Published November 13th 2008 by Razorbill (first published January 1st 2008)
 
What I thought about Shadow Kiss:
Actually, Shadow Kiss is like Frostbite, only more. You know?
Even more Rose and her witty way to describe everything and everyone around her at all times. Even more Dimitri and uncensored (well..pretty much...not really, but it's YA, you know? It's enough for me) heat between our two leading lovers (or wannabe - lovers).
In a way, this book is the one that makes me love the series. I mean, I teared through the pages of the first two books, too, but in this one it was not only about how the story would end and what would happen to my favorite characters.
It's a very special feeling - and an important sign - when you start feeling like you know the characters, like you are friends wih them and completely at home at the academy.
I'd even say, this series (so far) is one of the best I've read in...my whole life, actually.
As I said, it's not even the plot or the characters or anything else specifically that makes this story so great. It's the mix of all the different elements that come together, it's how real this story feels - like it'd really happen somewhere.
Richelle Mead, it seems, tops every one of her novels with the next and I personally cannot wait to indulge in Blood Promise, book number four in this series.
I can only recommend everyone to read this series :)
 

1 comment:

  1. I read the whole series and it is one of my favorites :)
    I'm glad you liked it too
    Hopw you enjoy book number 4, it is one of the best ones x)
    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...