June 30, 2013

June Frustration and July Plans

June, yeah? The one month that was supposed to be the highlight of my entire year - the crown on the top of my teenage life? That little spice that....you get the point.
In June, I turned eighteen , graduated from highschool and got into a great University.
Thus, I can happily report that June was, in fact, mind blowing and life changing and everything I could have asked for.
It's just...about the books...
Reading was definitely not my priority this month and even though I tried to get at least a decent amount of books read, it just didn't happen. 
In addition to that, I got really frustrated with the books I did read - and it took me forever to get through them.
As a result, I'm trying to make July not about more discipline (reading is a hobby, after all!), but I'll get myself back into actually enjoying it.

Books I read in June:

52 Reasons to Hate My FatherThe Rules (Project Paper Doll, #1)The Moon and More


I actually think this is a first for me. Three books is...not a lot :) Anyway, I have to correct myself. The first two books 52 Reasons and The Rules were amazing - it was a Sarah Dessen that ruined my reading month. If you'd told me that before I picked the book up, I swear I wouldn't have believed it.

But on to next month. I will post a July Books - I just don't know when that will be. (Hopefully tomorrow, maybe Wednesday....)

Then, you can already prepare yourself for a few changes on the blog for July. There are quite a few things I've been meaning to do for a while now and I will share what they are in this coming week.

Lastly, those new things might not really include reviews since I am so behind on reading that I'm also running out of reviews these days...

And finally, my July TBR list:

Arcs:

The Year of the Great Seventh by Theresa Orts
Ink by Amanda Sun
Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend by Louise Rozett

TBR Pile:
Hourglass and Timepiece by Myra McEntire
Ashes and Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick
Ten Things We Did That We Probably Shouldn't Have Done

Now, some of these books are supposed to be amazing - which is exactly what I'd need right now. Ilsa J. Bick and Myra McEntire are both new to me (I've heard of them, of course, but I've never read something by them). At the same time, I have high hopes for the second confessions book and Ten Things and lastly, I'm interested in trying something different with the other ARCs.

What are you guys reading in July? And what are some books you'd suggest for getting out of a reading slump? I'd love to know!

2 comments:

  1. I read Ten Things last year, it's a great summer read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I really hope to get to it this month!!!

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...