July 23, 2013

Sorry, But You're Just Not On The List! - Top Ten Tuesday

 
1) Vampires

Only exception: Clearly, we're not talking Vampire Academy here 'cause those books are amazing! But all other Vamps. Sorry, guys, but I really hate you!

2) Werewolves

I do not understand how someone could fall in love with a wolf. And it doesn't matter if said wolf is part human. It/He/She still has fur!!!

Only exception: Wolves of Mercy Falls. Still don't get the fur thing, but Stiefvater's writing is beautiful!

3) Paranormal Romance

You know that thing where two people can never be together because....

No exeption.

4) Adult

Only exception: All the Adult books I ever had to read. Because, admittedly, they were all amazing.

5) Animals

Only exception: Again, none. I'm not a big animal lover and the talking kind...no. Just no.

6) Mythology

Only exception: Everneath was really good, but most of them are too close to paranormal Romance for my taste.

7) Funny, Quirky Highschool Drama

Sad thing, I used to love this stuff. However, I find it gets old.

8) Quests

I hate books that don't have a certain setting. Quests and Journeys make the plot endless and dragging and boring most of the time.

Best example: Going Bovine by Libba Bray (clearly not my thing)

9) Religion and Spirituality

Count me OUT. Seriously, there's no exception. No matter which kind of religion/spirituality.
 
10) Anachronistic books

To everyone who was a Young Adult in the 90s, DO NOT hate me. It's in my blood (generation?). I can't read books that were contemporary novels but are older than say...2005. Why? Be aware, my reasoning is shallow. No Ipods, no Facebook, no Gossip Girl. A million Pop Culture references, yes, but none of them ones I understand!!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm starting to get over books about vampires and werewolves, but I'll still read them if they get great reviews, like The Immortal Rules. And I've been reading almost exclusively young adult books for over six months now, and I'm not missing "adult" books at all! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, okay The Immortal Rules is on my Kindle, too. couldn't resist that one, although I have not read it yet. The adult thing annoys me a bit about myself, since I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot of good stuff!

      Delete
  2. Animals and Religion made my list as well. They're just a major turn off for me!

    My TTT- http://angelica-2009.blogspot.com/2013/07/top-ten-tuesday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, they are! Talking animals just don't work with my imagination and Religion always makes me feel uneasy...

      Delete
  3. Wow. Half of your list involves what I love about my reads! Heehee! Well we all have different tastes!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess tastes vary :D Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  4. Religion books aren't for me either. I tried, but it just didn't work out.
    Great list! (:

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading The Summer of No Regrets last year and it was set in a spiritual setting - which wasn't my thing AT ALL! Ever since that, I'm staying away from books like that!

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...