August 18, 2013

My First Half and My Fifth BoB



As an Introduction, I thought I'd inform you all that I ran my first Half Marathon today! My goal time was 1:45:00 but guess what??? I finished with 1:43:43 - and I'm SO stoked to go out there and run and run and run so that I can get even faster than that!!!

Moving on, Bout of Books 8.0 starts tomorrow!!! So if you haven't signed up yet (why would that be???) I strongly recommend that you do now, because you might forget if you don't and I tell ya, this is not something you want to miss.


Bout of Books
Just because I've only mentioned it about 30000000.... times on this blog, BoB is the BEST Read-a-Thon you could participate in because it's packed with socializing stuff which I love!
I mean, you just cannot miss their amazing Twitter chats and challenges. You cannot.

Okay, all my enthusiasm aside, have you noticed something? If you know me well, you can probably guess.

Fun Fact no.1) I haven't signed up for BoB yet. (Okay, you can't know that, but as I said, those who know me...I'm such a procrastinator!)

Fun Fact no2) No goal post. Nope. Nada. And you could have known that one!

So, this is kind of my goal post. You know, where I tell you my super ambitious plans for the week only to realize, they are so unrealistic you guys are probably laughing off your guts at the moment (can you even do that? Laugh off your guts? Never mind)


Uhh, you know, it's completely normal to do two Read-a-Thons in a row and...post the exact same selection of books again. Only means, I might be a little bit moody when it comes to my reads,but I'm 18 years old and allowed to change my mind every two seconds!

Books that you see in the picture:

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood
The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
The Summer of Firsts and Lasts
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
Are You There God, It's Me, Margeret
and Forever by Judy Bloom

That's eight books. And I'm determined to finish all of them. I already talked about it with 
A book a day. No. Big. Deal.
Okay, maybe it is. But if you don't dream big, nothing will exciting will ever happen, right?
Wish me luck and GO sign up for that Read-a-Thon now! 
Happy Sunday!

Have you signed up for Bout of Books 8.0? 
Which books are you hoping to read before summer's over?
And is anyone a runner? 



6 comments:

  1. You must read Speak!!! It is an absolutely amazing book and one that has stuck with me long after I read it. Good luck with the read-a-thon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, I will, I will ;D I have heard amazing things and it's not even very long...I only hope it's not too heavy, so that I can dive into other books after I finish it...

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your massive goal :D My goal is only 3 books and one audio book (over 1000 pages :D) I decided not to overdo my goals which has happened before (too many times)! :D

    You can find my goal post here: http://www.bookbunnys.com/2013/08/17/bout-of-books-8-0-goals/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I always have massive goals and then struggle to achieve them BUT I've got to be optimistic and believe, right? And if that won't work, I'll just lock myself in my room and not come out until all my reading is done for the day :D Good luck with your own goals!!!

      Delete
  3. *cheers* YAYAYAY! Can you believe it's already time for the next bout of books?! I remember last one when we became book besties! :D I have high hopes for this one. You wanna do a 24 hour bout on night? Or is that just a total #fail?

    I just posted my goal post! Lotsa maybes.
    Dee @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally cannot believe that! It's been what, three months? Time flies!!!
      I don't exactly have high hopes, I just know that this is my last chance to catch up on my Goodreads challenge (you know...the one I worked on 3 months ago and still haven't caught up to...) :D
      Considering I have failed twice at the 24 hour thing - I probably should not try it again, but then again, I never learn from my mistakes :D
      And I just love the idea of reading one whole entire night :D

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...