November 04, 2013

What I Avoided to Talk About...

Just to torture myself, I will state two facts you guys have probably heard me whine about way too many times this year.
1) I read 108 books last years
2) My goals was 120 books this year
3) I will totally not make that goal
4) I will probably be VERY far away from last year's goal, too

Now, all of this is probably not news to you (not to me, definitely!). And I just realized those were 4, not 2 facts which might explain my counting problems.
Anyway, what I didn't realize in my utter disappointment with myself was that I made almost every other challenge I signed up for! And when I say that, I mean, I managed to do preeeetttyyy well in all but one of them!



Goal: 11-20 books 

1) Graceling by Kristin Cashore
2) Fire by Kristin Cashore
3) The Diviners by Libba Bray
4) Cloaked by Alex Flinn
5) Tempest by Julie Cross
6) Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
7)Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
8) Gone by Michael Grant
9) Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry
10) Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

11) The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
12) My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares
13) Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
14) The Boyfriend list by E. Lockhart
15) Love Story by Jennifer Echols
16) The Statistical Probablity of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
17) Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
18) Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
19) Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
20) How To Save a Life by Sarah Zarr
21) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Current status: 11 books! (nailed it!)
And I am almost entirely sure I will make it even more than 11 books until the year is over!

Sequel Challenge:

1) Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
2) Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood
3) Darkest Hour
4) Reunion
5) Ninth Key (all by Meg Cabot)
6) Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
7) Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend by Louise Rozett
8) Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick
9) Dare You To by Katie McGarry
10) Shadowland by Alyson Noel
11) Blue Moon by Alyson Noel
12) The Elite by Kiera Cass
13)  Cross My Heart, Hope to Die by Sara Shepard
14) Wanted by Sara Shepard
15) Frostbite by Richelle Mead
16) Shadowkiss by Richelle Mead
17) Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
18) Scarlett by Marissa Meyer
19) Entice by Jessica Shirvington 
20) Vortex by Julie Cross
21) Through the Ever Night by Veronika Rossi
22) Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
23) Reached by Ally Condie

These are all the sequels i did read this year and I'm pretty sure my goal here was 12 a year. Yeah, doubled that. You know me. I tend to be awesome like that.


Vampires

Frostbite by Richelle Mead
Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

Werewolves/Shifters
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

Fey
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (The Iron Fey #1)
Angels/Nephilim
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Entice by Jessica Shirvington

Mermaids

Dragons

Zombies
Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick
Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick

Demons

Witches/Wizards
Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood


Ghosts
Ninth Key by Meg Cabot
Darkest Hour by Meg Cabot
Reunion by Meg Cabot
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnsson 

Aliens
The Rules by Stacey Kade


Other (ie: sirens, unicorns, centaurs, timetravel etc.)
Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Tempest by Julie Cross
Vortex by Julie Cross
Blue Moon by Alyson Noel
Shadowland by Alyson Noel
Ink by Amanda Sun
The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg 

I cannot even contain my excitement about this particular challenge! Before the challenge, I didn't like Paranormal Romance at all!!! Okay, that's not the point, because I still don't like the genre. However, I have discovered some really great books in it that are brilliant even though they are paranormal!

The last challenge I participated in was the Debut Author Challenge which I completely failed at. I remember reading Geek Girl and Prophecy at the beginning of the year, but those are literally the only Debuts I have read the entire year which is just sad. I honestly feel bad about it!

Anyway, how well have you done at your challenges this year? What are you doing to get as many book read as possible before the year is over? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...