December 21, 2013

All Those Pretty Books...of 2013!


It is the time, people! 2013 is drawing to a close and I - like everybody else - start recapping all that happened in this wonderful, exciting year! Also, I really like lists. Anyway, because I find this amazing survey a bit too long for one post, I decided to split it up and post it on separate days. 
Today, you get a little recap of the Best Books I've Read This Year: 


best books 2013 end of year survey



1. Best Book You Read In 2013? (If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2013 release vs. backlist)

Contemporary YA –  Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic – Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick 
Historical Fiction – Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys 
Paranormal — The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot
Science Fiction — How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff 
Fantasy — Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood 

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin 

 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013? 
34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodriguez

 4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 

 5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
Sara Zarr! I would say Rainbow Rowell, but as of right now, I have only read one of her books :)

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
Mhm...I read pretty much all over the place this year anyway, but I guess Ashes and Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick were something very new for me. I have never read anything as disguisting (but good!!!)

 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?
Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood!! I couldn't stop turning the pages!!!

 9. Book You Read In 2013 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, 34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodriguez, Katie McGarry's books....

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
Mind Games (Mind Games, #1)
Mind Games (Mind Games, #1)

11. Most memorable character in 2013? 
Mhm, not sure about this one, but I guess it was Sturmhound from Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2013?
Allegiant by Veronika Roth (with Allegiant especially, I liked the book way more for the writing than plot/characters etc.)

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2013? 
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell!!! It certainly changed my view of the world/myself/my life in a very significant way!!!

 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2013 to finally read? 
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 

 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2013?
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Longest would be The Book Thief, but since I listened to that one, the second longest was Shadows by Ilsa J. Bick. 
Shortest is Are You There God, It's me Margeret by Judy Bloom (not counting novellas!)

 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Allegiant. 'nough said. 

18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc)
 Rachel and Isaiah from Crash Into You 

19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Many! But Through the Ever Night by Veronika Rossi especially!

20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
Actually...none. I have not read any books this year that were recommended to me by other people. I feel sort of antisocial now...

21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?
I guess that was contemporary YA!

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
Levi!!! From Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Although I really liked Isaiah from Crash Into You, too!

23. Best 2013 debut you read?
34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodriguez! Fantastic novel!

24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
Phew..Reached by Ally Condie?

25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?
The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 

27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?
34 Pieces of You by Carmen Rodriguez

4 comments:

  1. Ummm *cough* what about The Beautiful & t he Cursed that I recommend to you? Or did you not finish it? Lol how could you forget me on that question! LOl jk jk
    Great list! You read some great books Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, sorry, sorry, sorry! But I only partly forgot about that! When completing the survey, I only looked at my "Read" list - and since I am still listening to The Beautiful and the Cursed it wasn't on there yet...so...if I fall to my knees, could I be forgiven? *puppy face*

      Delete
  2. Oh Levi is totally crush-worthy... I wish I would've remembered him for my list. I also agree about Isaiah. I'm reading Crash Into You now :) I meant to read 34 Pieces of You when it came out, but then I forgot about it. Glad you reminded me. I hardly ever see people talking about it!! And LOL about TFIOS. I think it's like impossible not to have a sobfest while reading that book. I know I did when I read it last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is he not?? I love Levi! I want a boyfriend like Levi! Or one like Isaiah...ahh, why can't I just simply crawl into my favorite book and live there...?

      Delete

Similar To This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...